Landlord Tenant Law & Fair Housing Review
Featuring J. Mike Williams
Comprehensive Look at Georgia’s Landlord/Tenant & Fair Housing
Don’t miss this complete landlord/tenant seminar! J. Mike Williams, Esq. of Fowler Hein, Cheatwood & Williams will provide valuable training on important issues facing our industry. Bring your questions and be prepared to receive a considerable amount of information in a short period of time.
- When can rent be accepted prior to and after the filing of a dispossessory action?
- When will the courts get caught up with the backlog of cases?
- Navigating rental assistance and evictions during court slow-downs.
- How to negotiate and understand settlement agreements with the various rental assistance organizations.
- How to avoid retaliatory eviction claims.
- How to deal with the death of the resident and their family.
- Discussion on bankruptcy and its effect on the lease.
- Best practices for handling repair claims, including mold.
- A Fair Housing update will be provided.
- What types of cases are being filed and what owners /managers can do to reduce exposure to Fair Housing complaints.
- Discuss reasonable accommodations relating to Emotion Support Animals (ESA) as well as other requests that are routinely made.
This course will be held In-Person & via ZOOM
Member Price | $105 per person
Register 5 or More for $95
Non-Member Price | $225 per person
Register 5 or More for $215
3 hours of continuing education credit for NAAEI credentials (CAPS, CAM, CALP, CAMT)