May 16th Trade Show Seminar & Luncheon
Kate Good, Huntington Residential, SVP of Multifamily Development & Operations
Special Guest: Alan Walsh, CF Real Estate Services & John Knop, Hutchinson Traylor
9:00 am - 12:00 pm (followed by lunch from 12:00 pm -1:00pm)
Learn the best techniques for managing a crisis with social media.
While many people know Kate Good for her upbeat leasing and marketing seminars, she used her voice to inform, lead and guide hundreds of our apartment managers through the biggest weather disaster in US history. Flooding, cable/electric/water outages, search and rescues, loss of fire protection systems, stores closed for days, fuel shortage and team members unable to get to work, were just some of the challenges Kate would face during the 5 days of havoc. In this program, you will discover lessons that apply to many aspects of the way we manage our apartment communities.
Here is what we will cover:
- Discuss the positive and negative impacts of using social media in an emergency event.
- Communication tips for maintaining good relations with your residents and staff during a time of stress
- Preparing for the worst and celebrating the good stuff
- In this era of connectivity discussion on what tools can best help your team during a crisis
- How to provide the highest level of service during events such as natural disasters
- Discuss how to create a better sense of community even when the world as we know it is falling apart due to a crisis
- Learn how any situation, good and bad, can boost resident retention
Cost: $120 / Send 5 or more for $99 Member Price
Lunch is included